Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Return to the Land of HAED

 2015 has been shaping up to be a challenging year, and it was in this theme that I started Umbrella Sky by Dahlig. Here is page one completed, stitched on 25ct Lugana "fairy dust" 3 strands of DMC floss over one tent stitch.
The photos are horribly washed out unfortunately, the red is really so VIBRANT in person!
Any hints on how to secure the thread on confetti heavy areas where there may be only one or two stitches far apart? I cannot bury my thread like I would normally do for a full stitch and the only solution I could think of was to knot the thread (I do worry about the bulk in the back of the fabric only in these areas...) The Maiden

1 comment:

  1. Awesome start! With confetti areas it helps to do the color with the most stitches first, that way you have an easier time when it comes to finishing a thread that only has a few stitches... I cross country stitch but will sometimes park a thread or two through the front if there are not enough stitches around it to end it straight away. Then I will finish it when there are! ;) You may have noticed me stitching Nocturne with this combination :) I have discovered the really light color threads look better tented 2 over 1. So I am tenting 3 over 1 with the mids and darks and 2 over one with the lights. Also you may have noticed confetti areas become slightly bulky/tight with this fabric and thread combination, so it helps to throw a few two stranded stitches in here and there in heavy confetti areas to reduce this. Hope that helps! Looking forward to seeing more! :D

    ReplyDelete